Through the database of job announcements
it helps young mathematicians to find a job.
Provides extensive information on scientific activities: conferences, workshops, schools, etc.
Organizes and sponsors scientific activities: the ECMs, EMS Lectures, Summer Schools, etc.
Awards prestigious prizes: the EMS Prizes, the Felix Klein Prize, the Otto Neugebauer Prize
Publishes mathematical journals and books at fair prices, and its members benefit from discounts
Is one of the partners of Zentralblatt MATH
Is the editor of The Encyclopedia of Mathematics wiki
Is a partner of EuDML, the European digital mathematics library
Is one of the promoters of the network EU-MATHS-IN of Mathematics for Industry and Innovation
And it is lobbying for mathematics at the EU!
The concrete benefits for individual members are
· 20 % discount on books published by the European Mathematical Society;
· discount on subscriptions to journals published by the EMS Publishing House;
· access to the online Journal of the European Mathematical Society;
· EMS Newsletter, published 4 times a year for no extra charge;
· reduced registration fees for the European Congresses;
· reduced registration fee for some EMS co-sponsored meetings;
· free access to Zentralblatt MATH;
· reciprocity memberships available at the American, Australian, and Canadian Mathematical