- http://images.math.cnrs.fr/ Images des Mathématiques, La recherche mathématique en mots et en images
- MathPages. Elementary and very informative articles on different mathematics topics, as its history and its applications.
- Mathematical MacTutor. Mathematics history and biography f mathematicians. Interactive description of plane curves.
- History of Mathematics. Another website dedicated to the mathematics history. It contains the complete text of Euclid’s Elements, commented also on the website of Perseus Project
- The Archimedes home page. A lot of material on the great mathematician of Syracuse and his work.
- International Mathematical Olympiad and the Italian website of the Progetto Olimpiadi della Matematica.are two websites rich in information and presentations of problems. See also the web pages of the International Mathematical Games Championship and of the American Mathematics Competitions.
- The Prime Page. Information and curiosity on Prime Numbers. As the two following on this list, it is a very rich and BEN CURATO wellorganised website.
- The Joy of Pi
- The Fibonacci Numbers and the Golden section.
- Favorite Mathematical Constants.
- On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences.
- The Geometry Center. In addition to specialized data and information this website is rich in informative articles and interesting graphic material.
- Infinite Ink: Mathematics. Articles on the foundations of mathematics and set theory.
- Both l’Enciclopedia Britannica and Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy contain very good articles on many mathematical issues.
- Ulisse is the website of permanent in/formation of Babbage Plan. It is dedicated to the renewal of scientific communication and it is realized by the Scuola Internazionale Superiore di Studi Avanzati of Trieste (SISSA). It is financed by Italian Ministry of Universities and Scientific and Technological Research.
- Mathematics Metaserver
- Mathematical Modelling of Natural Phenomena
- IMU/CEIC recommendations on best current practices in electronic information communication.
Didactic material and e-manuals
- Maths Archive: Tutorials. A list of resources to teach (or learn) mathematics.
- The Math Forum. A website dedicated to mathematics.
- Interactive Real Analysis. An on-line manual curated by Bert G. Wachsmuth.
- Abstract Algebra On-line. A manual curated by John A. Beachy and William D. Blair
- Group games, curated by Alessandro Logar, Rubik cube and other problems as introduction to the permutation groups theory.
- Groups15. Description of finite groups of order at most 15 (require Java)
- Mathematical Etudes’. Russian tradition in mathematics dissemination
Open Online Courses in Mathematics
- Massimo Ferri makes available materials to teach in the two-year geometry courses. See in particular the Chicken’s corner and FAQ, a list of frequently asked questions by his students.
Website dedicated to mathematics research
- Research Group in Calculus of Variations and Geometric Measure Theory at Pisa.
- Gruppo di Analisi Nonlineare.
– Geometria e Topologia
- The Geometry Center
- Topology Atlas homepage
- The Number Theory Web
- This Week’s Finds in Mathematical Physics The Number. Curato da John Baez.
- Il giardino di Archimede. A museum for mathematics
- Le Raccolte Museali Italiane di Modelli per lo Studio delle Matematiche Superiori. Visualization of geometric surfaces.
- Premi IgNobel. The website of “unlikely” researches
- Humor on mathematics and mathematicians i Bamdad’s Math Comics
- IMAGINARY open mathematics